Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stripped Sophistication

I knew I wanted to add beautiful bold but still sophisticated stripes somewhere in my new house ... just a little something to make me smile every time I walked by.  My choice for white & grey stripes in our kitchen nook became obvious after falling in L-O-V-E with these gorgeously understated inspiration pics quite some time ago



These stripes are the super start of the room for me and create a really interesting layer in the room!  And then the dilemma began ... should I do horizontal or vertical stripes?

 
Should I go for a bright bold color ....




Or create a neutral relaxing palette to which I can later add bold colors and fun patterns!



Overtime I noticed that I really gravitated more towards the grey stripes for everyday home living ... especially in the kitchen ... I room that I frequent the most often in our house .. so here is my creation {with the help of my wonderful hubby and a new laser projector from home depot of course}


This project has been in the works since at least we purchased our house in December so glad we finally got it accomplished {still need to do a few touch-ups here and there, but you get the overall picture}  Ohh and by the way we got this beauty of a chandelier from craiglist ... I happen to LOVE capiz chandeliers and can't wait to order a huge 6-footer from the Philippines for our entry way!

Now I definitely need to go a little more industrial with our pendant lighting in the kitchen ... otherwise the space seems a little too feminine and polished ... open to suggestions ... we've been looking but haven't found the right pieces yet!

3 comments:

  1. obsessed with stripes right now! love when they're really wide :)

    blair @ scsd

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok--looks soo gorgeous! and the capiz chandi is amazing! can't wait to see more~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stripes look great!! What color gray did you use ?

    ReplyDelete