Monday, November 7, 2011

11.07.11 House Updates

A lot of exciting things have been happening around here lately.  First off we've been working our bums off all weekend to get the kitchen backsplash done.  So far have most of the tile up and just a few pieces left to go.  Planning on maybe even starting the grouting today, and hopefully have the range hood up by Friday!!!

In other news, our family room is finally starting to come together ... well at least in my mind.  We haven't actually purchased any new furniture yet, but we did put in an order on saturday for this leather studded bad boy



We had to take a drive down all the way to the Room Service Store in SF, but it was well worth the drive considering we'll probably have our custom sofa sometime at the end of this month.  I am in l-o-v-e with all of their furniture, which btw can be custom made to fit any room!  Can't wait to get my sofa and finally order some fun winter pillows that I've been eyeing for quite some time now.  The great thing about this sofa is that it's very deep and comfortable so the more pillows the better!

Here's a few rooms that I've been inspired by lately!

Love how white and airy this room is except for the bright pillows and lamps!


And here's a few more pictures from Nuevo Estillo.  Love the soft grey colors with black and gold accents!




 And a little more ... been trying to figure out the furniture placement for the family room so will be needing all the inspiration I can get!





7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I adore your Couch you ordered, and could your kitchen be more fab??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue lamps from the third photo down and the eighth photo down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Random question, I was wondering how comfortable the couch you bought is? I was thinking of buying it and having it shipped to Arizona. Is it durable with kids and a dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffany. I actually ended up going with the sectional in a similar style! I've had it for about a year now and so far has been comfy and durable! I don't have kids but with the dog, I haven't had any problems so far! The only thing I can complain about is that I went with the white leather and you have to really be careful with stains and wipe things off asap if you spill or get it dirty. Also I like to vacuum the tufted part at least once every 1-2 weeks for crumbs and to keep it looking new. We have it in our family room so it gets a lot of use ... can't say its a super comfy couch but this style really isn't supposed to be .. I usually have a lot of pillows and a blanket or 2 on it so that definitely makes it more comfy! Also wanted to let you know that studs the outline the couch come in a strip type of thing... I was a little disappointed with that as I thought they would be individual studs. Also if you're purchasing either wait for a sale or maybe ask for a discount .. I think they gave me either 10% or 15% off the listing price!

      Delete
  4. Make your wedding invitation video with the best wedding invitation video maker company in the world. Wedding Invitation Video
    WeddingInvitationVideo

    ReplyDelete
  5. An animated explainer video production company that makes business-to-business explanatory animations app explainer video delhi
    app explainer video gurgraon

    ReplyDelete