Thursday, January 22, 2009

Family Time

Wow! Its been a while since my last post and a lot has happened since then. Well, we finally invited Larry's parents over for dinner last Friday, believe it or not but they've only been to our house once since we moved in over a year ago. I decided to go all out and cook tons of yummy food. I made grilled butter-garlic shrimp, Mashed potatoes and gravy, Herb chicken rolls, crab salad, avocado shrimp salad, and probably a few other things that I can't remember now. It was my first time making the avocado salad, and it turned out pretty good. I took a quick snapshot of the last one left. It was a lot brighter when I first made it, but after a couple of hours the avocado starts to change color a little... The food all turned out delicious, but the part that really sucked was that my hubby never told me that his brother and sister don't really like shrimp or seafood in general. Needless to say there were a lot of left-overs :(
Dessert on the other hand turned out a lot better. I made fruit jello inside of orange peels, and not only did it turn out delicious but it looked super cute too...
I also made a Peanut-Caramel cake which is definitely one of my hubby's fav desserts. I took a quick shot before serving it...Overall dinner turned out great a we had a lot of fun spending time together. Larry's parents had to leave early to take care of his sick grandma, so we ended up just hanging out with our brother and his family. They have the most adorable kids ever Ruvim and Vanessa. Here's a pic of Ruvim rummaging through my kitchen. Don't be fooled by his innocent smile, he's always getting into mischief where ever he goes. Since we don't have kids, there's obviously not much toys to play with, so he ends up finding his own. From playing with my phone to throwing my decorations around the house for the dog to fetch. What a typical boy...but too cute to resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment